Get the higher education you need to reach your full potential. Get the financial support to pursue a college degree in a field that pays a living wage.
Each WWIN Star Scholar receives up to $5,000 per academic year and up to $20,000 over her undergraduate college career at the approved Washington college or university of her choice.
Are you ready to become a WWIN Star Scholar?
WWIN selects women who are ready for transformational life change, and have demonstrated financial need to help them cover the cost of their college degree.
Our Scholars are determined and driven and have a deep desire to build a better future for themselves and their families. They are prepared to work towards a college degree, sparking positive change for themselves, their families, and their communities for generations to come.
In addition to being ready to transform their lives, applicants must meet all of WWIN’s eligibility criteria and submit all required documentation to be considered.
It’s okay to struggle, but there are programs like WWIN that can be your support and empower you to see through whatever you’re going through. If you have a dream or something you want to be, you’ve got to be able to do it.”
– Maria, Star Scholar
You are encouraged to apply if:
- You identify as a woman
- You are or will be 18 years of age or older at the time you begin school
- You have lived in Washington for the past twelve (12) months
- You are a United States citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or current DACA recipient to the United States
- You are admitted into or registered at an approved & accredited college or university that is in good standing with the State Need Grant Program and are working toward a certificate, technical degree, Associate’s degree, or your first Bachelor’s degree.
- Your cumulative GPA is at or above a 2.50
- You demonstrate financial need towards your Cost of Attendance after the EFC and gift aid.
Our Scholars are selected by a competitive review process. This means that our reviewers read through each application to select Scholars who best align with WWIN’s vision, mission, and values. Our reviewers focus primarily on answers to the essay questions about you and the future you want to create for yourself. Please be as thoughtful, honest, and thorough as possible when completing the application.
Applicants must complete the online application form to be considered for the Star Scholarship program. No e-mailed, faxed, or mailed application forms will be considered.
Please note that as part of the application process, we require the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your Valid Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State Identification Card
- Copy of your Social Security Card or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). It is acceptable to cover the first few digits for your protection.
- Your 2020-2021 Student Aid Report (SAR), which you should have received electronically after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
- Tax Returns used to prepare the 2020-2021 FAFSA or WASFA. If you are a dependent student, this will also include your parents’ tax return.
- Verification of acceptance or enrollment at an approved and accredited Washington college or university
- A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript (high school or college) showing a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Your official 2020-2021 Financial Aid Award Letter from the school you will be attending — This is the only document that can be sent after the application deadline, and it must be submitted as soon as it is available from your school.
We cannot review your application without all requested supporting documentation.
Please keep in mind that, even if you are eligible, submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
WWIN is committed to accessibility. If you require special accommodations during the application process, please contact the Programs staff.