FAQ for Applicants

Frequently Asked Questions for Applicants

Want to know more about WWIN programs? We’ve compiled quick answers to some of the most common questions applicants ask. If you don’t find your answer below, check out the other What We Do pages or e-mail us at programs@wwin.org.

What services does WWIN provide?

WWIN empowers women in Washington State to achieve economic stability through higher education and living wage careers. Detailed information on our grants and Star Scholarship programs can be found on the WWIN Programs page.

What does it mean to be economically stable?

WWIN believes that a woman has achieved economic stability when she can fully meet current financial obligations, feels secure in her financial future and is able to make choices that allow her to enjoy life.

Am I eligible to apply for a WWIN program?
  • Are you female?
  • Are you 18 years of age or older?
  • Have you resided in Washington for the past 12 months?
  • Are you a United States citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee or current DACA recipient to the United States?

If you answer yes to all of the above questions, you may be eligible for a WWIN program. Each program may have additional requirements.

Read more about our Pathways to Success program and eligibility criteria.

Read more about our Career Launch program and eligibility criteria.

Read more about Star Scholars program and eligibility criteria. 

If you meet the criteria for the program you’re interested in, you are encouraged to apply.

I think I’m eligible. How do I apply?

All programs require an online application and submission of supporting documents.

Apply for a Pathways to Success Grant

Apply for a Career Launch Grant

Apply to become a Star Scholar

I submitted my application. How do I know if I’ve been selected?

We email all applicants to inform them of their status within six to eight weeks of the last day of the application window. (For example, if an application is open until October 31, we will typically notify applicants by December 31.)

How are the grants and scholarships disbursed?

Once WWIN has received and approved invoices for completed authorized services, WWIN pays the provider or educational institution directly.

Can I stop by the WWIN office for more information?

Unfortunately, we’re a very small office and cannot handle walk-ins.

Where can I find other resources?

Washington 211 has the most comprehensive listing of health and human services and providers. Visit their website or dial 211 for more information. You can also contact the 24-hour crisis line at 866-4-CRISIS
(866-427-4747) or see WWIN’s Resources page.

In the case of an emergency, dial 911.

Can WWIN help me with housing, clothing, childcare, toys, or food assistance?

Unfortunately, WWIN cannot assist with these resources. We recommend that you contact Washington 211 for information on those types of services.

Connect with US


Our commitment to equity

The tragic deaths of many throughout our nation’s black community weigh heavily on our hearts.  We grieve for their families and loved ones.  Such events must stop.    WWIN

Make a Difference

Be part of a life-changing experience

please support wwin