APPLY FOR A WWIN HEALTH CARE GRANT
Health Care Gap Fund Grant Application
The Health Care Gap Fund Grant online application form is now open! Please read on for more information on how to apply.
About the Health Care Gap Fund Grant Program
WWIN offers Health Care Gap Fund Grants that cover the cost of the following services for women who have Apple Health or Medicare insurance coverage:
- Dental crowns and bridges, and root canals on permanent bicuspid and molar teeth
- Glasses and contact lenses
- In some cases, health care provider access issues, for reasons such as availability, geography, or language barriers (including for mental health care provider access issues)
WWIN selects grantees who are ready for transformational life change. Our grantees are determined and driven and have a deep desire to build a better future for themselves and their families. They are prepared to work towards improved health, sparking positive change for themselves, their families, and communities for generations to come.
In addition to being ready to transform their lives, applicants must meet all of WWIN’s eligibility criteria and submit all required documentation to be considered.
The following are required criteria that you must meet before applying for a WWIN Health Care Gap Fund grant:
- You must be female
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have resided in Washington for the past three months
- You must be a United States citizen or permanent resident, or a refugee or asylee to the United States
- Your annual household income must be less than or equal to the below:
|Number of people in household||Annual income|
|For each additional person, add||$5,768|
You must also meet the following criteria before applying:
- You must be enrolled in Apple Health or Medicare insurance coverage
- If you are a previous WWIN grantee, you must not have received a health care grant of any type (this includes a grant for physical, dental, vision, or hearing services; mental health counseling; or health insurance premium assistance)
- You must have made a reasonable attempt to use your Apple Health or Medicare insurance coverage for any services for which you are applying
- If you have Apple Health and are applying for crowns, bridges, or root canals, you must provide a treatment plan from your dentist showing the necessary service
- If you have Apple Health and are applying for eyeglasses or contacts, you must provide a prescription from your eye doctor showing the necessary service
Our Grantees are selected by a competitive grant selection process. This means that our reviewers read through each and every application to select Grantees who best align with the values shared above. Our reviewers focus primarily on answers to the essay questions about you and the future you want to create for yourself. So please be as thoughtful, honest, and thorough as possible when completing the application.
WWIN will make Health Care Gap Fund Grants on a monthly basis. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Online applications and all required documentation must be submitted by 11:59 pm on the last day of the month to be considered for the following month’s grant awards. We will notify all applicants by email of their application status by the end of the month following receipt of their complete application. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to answer calls or emails about an individual’s application status.
In order to be considered for the Health Care Gap Fund Grant, you must submit a completed application. For your application to be complete, you must submit both this electronic application as well as the required supporting documentation outlined below. The entire application–the online form plus the supporting documentation–must be received within the same calendar month for you to be considered. If either your online application form or your supporting documentation is missing from your application, you will not be considered, and submitted documents will not be maintained.
Because of this, we strongly encourage you to have all of your documentation ready for submission (via electronic upload, email, fax, or mail, which will be described in further detail on the last page of the application form) before you complete this online application.
So please review the below list of required documentation and confirm that you have all of them before you proceed.
If you have Apple Health insurance coverage, we need:
- A copy of your Washington Driver’s License or State ID
- A copy of your Apple Health Services card
- A copy of your Apple Health insurance coverage plan Identification Card
- Documentation that you have a need for one of the services WWIN will fund (for example, a dental treatment plan or a prescription for glasses or contact lenses)
If you have Medicare insurance coverage, we need:
- A copy of your Washington Driver’s License or State ID
- A copy of your Medicare card
- Copies of the first two pages of your most recently completed Federal tax return or your last six months’ of bank statements, if you do not file taxes
- If you are a dependent, copies of your parents’/guardians’ most recently completed tax return(s) or their last six months’ worth of bank statements, if they do not file taxes
- If you have it, documentation that you have a need for one of the services WWIN will fund (for example, a dental treatment plan or a prescription for glasses or contact lenses)
If you do not have one or more pieces of supporting documentation, you should not complete this online application at this time. You should wait until a future month in which you have all supporting documentation ready for submission.
If you are confused about exactly what is needed, you should not complete this online application at this time. Instead email our Programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 451-8838 x1 to ask for assistance.
Ready to Apply?
If you have read all of the above, have your supporting documents ready to submit, and are ready to complete the online application, click the below button to get started!
Note: Please keep in mind that, even if you are eligible, submitting an application does not guarantee funding.