Frequently Asked Questions for Applicants

Want to know more about WWIN grants? We’ve compiled quick answers to some of the most common questions applicants ask. If you don’t find your answer below, check out the other What We Do pages or e-mail us at

Q. What services does WWIN provide?

WWIN makes grants for health care and education. Detailed information on our grant programs can be found on the Grants Program page.

Q. Am I eligible to apply for a WWIN grant?

Interested in an Education Grant? Read more about Education Grant eligibility criteria here.

Interested in a Health Care Grant? Read more about Health Care Grant eligibility criteria here.

If you meet the criteria for the grant program you’re interested in, then you’re welcome to apply for a WWIN grant.

Q. I think I’m eligible. How do I apply?

Apply for an Education Grant here.

Apply for a Health Care Grant here.

Q. I submitted my application. How do I know if I’ve been selected for a grant?

We email all applicants to inform them of their status within six to eight weeks of the last day of the application window. (So, if an application is available until October 31, we will typically notify applicants by December 31.)

Q. How are the grants paid out?

Once WWIN has received and approved invoices for completed authorized services, WWIN pays the provider (the dentist, eye doctor, or mental health provider) or educational institution (the college or university or bookstore) directly.

Q. Can I stop by the WWIN office for more information?

Unfortunately we’re a very small office and cannot handle walk-ins.

Q. Where can I find other resources?

Washington 211 has the most comprehensive listing of health and human services and providers. Visit their website or dial 211 for more information.

You can also contact the 24-hour crisis line at 206-461-3222. In the case of an emergency, please dial 911.

Q. Can WWIN help me with housing, clothing, childcare, toys, or food assistance?

Unfortunately, WWIN cannot assist with these resources. We recommend that you contact Washington 211 for information on those types of services.